Ask anyone who has ever lived in Chicago, the best thing about the city is its summer. We throw off our coats, toss our boots into the closet and celebrate the joy of being outside again. The lakefront comes alive[...]read more
In my line of work, people take their ideas very seriously. Frankly, that’s why my job exists. Patents and trademarks help people protect what they create. You get a patent or a trademark, then threaten to sue anyone who copies[...]read more
The estate of Randy “California” Wolfe, original guitarist and vocalist for Spirit, best known for their hit “Got a Line on You,” sued Led Zeppelin in a Pennsylvania federal court for copyright infringment and “Right of Attribution/falsification of Rock & Roll[...]read more
Cubs Sue ‘Unofficial Mascot’ for Trademark Infringement At first glance, the press begs the question of whether this is a defensible fair use or dilution/trademark infringement? However, if I were the defendants, I would raise a completely different argument. Who[...]read more
Here’s how a little civlity, humility and professionalism averted what could have been a lengthy and expensive trademark dispute. We should all strive to follow their example; I wish they could all go this smoothly. It wasn’t really a course,[...]read more
- Can you guess the patent? An intellectual property scavenger hunt
- Law Office open for business as usual – video conferencing and other online services available
- How to get the most value from your new patented product – Patent Marking!
- Lesley Wallerstein named 2020 Illinois Super Lawyer
- New Year, new trademark! Have you done your trademark search?